10 Poor Office Habits You Need to Break
1. Excessive noise making– Tapping your foot, clicking your pen, chewing your gum, humming, breathing loudly, slurping your soup… The list goes on and on.
2. Email “reply all” — Is it necessary? The first email may have been relevant to your whole group.. but your response might not need to be received by your other 35 coworkers….
3. Headphones— Your music is so loud that everyone in your office knows you’ve been listening to Sam Smith for 3 weeks straight.
4. Keyboard smashing— No need to pound the keys… no need.
5. Personal hygiene practices— #1 Practice good hygiene. #2 Don’t try to improve your personal hygiene in the office. There is a time and place for finger nail filing, flossing, facial hair trimming, etc. The office is not that place.
6. Jumping into a conversation-– Again, we know it’s a small space.. but unless you have something valuable to add, don’t hop in.
7. Leaving a mess— Don’t be that person. Put away your dishes, wipe your crumbs, throw away your trash, push in your chair.. leave things as you found them.
8. Taking things that aren’t yours— The coke in the fridge, the stapler in the copy room, the donut on your colleagues desk… If it isn’t yours.. don’t take it without permission.